- Steps to install Roles/Features on Windows Server 2012 R2 using PowerShell
- How to restart or shutdown Server remotely
- How Zone Data Collectors Election Process Works
- What is the difference between Citrix XenApp, XenDesktp and XenServer
- Steps to configure Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 – Part 1
Next step in configuring XenDesktop 7.1 is to Create Catalog.
1. After the Site Configuration is Complete, click Create Catalog.
2. On the Getting Started with Machine Catalogs page, click Next.
3. On the Operating System and Hardware page, select Windows Desktop OS, Windows Server OS or Remote PC Access. Click Next. For the lab purpose select “Windows Desktop OS”.
4. On the Machine Management page, select Virtual machines or Physical hardware for infrastructure. As the medium to manage Desktop image select Machine Creation Services (MCS), Provisioning Services (PVS) or Another Service or technology. For the lab purpose select Machine Creation Services (MCS), click Next.
5. On the Desktop Experience page, select “I want users to connect to a new (random) desktop each time they log on” or “I want users to connect to the same (static) desktop each time they log on”. For the lab purpose select random desktops for users, click Next.
6. On the Master Image page, select the Master Image. Click Next.
7. On the Virtual machines page, increase the number of Virtual machines that needs to be created. Change configuration as per requirement, click Next.
8. On the Active Directory Computer Accounts page, select Create new Active Directory accounts or Use existing Active Directory accounts. Select an OU (Organization Unit) in which machine accounts will be created. Define the Account Naming scheme, click Next.
9. On the Summary page, type Machine Catalog name and Machine Catalog description. Click Finish.